GeekoCFD is a live distribution based on openSUSE – 64 bit, whose purpose is to provide easy and immediate access to open-source Computational Fluid Dynamics tools. It includes cantor, gmsh, grace, gsl, wxMaxima, Octave with an almost complete selection of octave-forge packages, OpenFOAM®, Paraview, pyFoam, R. Additionally, gcc, DDD, Eclipse Helios with CDT, Emacs, git, kate, vim and a complete openSUSE KDE installation are provided, including Gimp, LibreOffice and Blender.
All trademarks belong to their respective owners. This offering is not approved or endorsed by OpenCFD Limited, the producer of the OpenFOAM software and owner of the OPENFOAM® and OpenCFD® trade marks.
USB & disk image
This is an image of your disk, ready to be written to either a USB drive or your hard disk. When written, it will erase all data on a disk. During the first boot, your partition will be automatically resized to fill available space.
Burn this ISO file to a DVD (or CD, if the space allows), and you'll be able to boot directly from the disc.
A bootable ISO containing the appliance disk image. Boots into a simple graphical environment and prompts for confirmation before writing the image onto the hard drive. Useful for performing automated system installs/preloads.
Warning: Overwrites all data on the target hard drive.
VMware / VirtualBox / KVM image
Whether you use VMware, VirtualBox, or KVM, this vmdk is a ready-to-use virtual appliance.
Virtual Hard Disk
This image includes special extensions to run on Microsoft Hyper-V Server or Windows Virtual PC.
Version 5.0.0 (Public release)
- Updated version of OpenFOAM 2.2.x (x > 1, Including commit 71fcc245333b470549e11ad6aba739746a1085be – Fri Apr 5 15:29:09 2013 +0100)
- Upgraded packages according to openSUSE 12.3 release
- Re-introduced selection of octave-forge packages
- New Hyper-V image added to the choice of virtual images
- Autologin is now enabled by default. The default user is geeko. This behavior can be changed in YaST → Security and users.
o OpenSUSE 12.3 – 64 bit
o Kernel 3.7.10
o gcc 4.7.2
o KDE 4.10.0
- Scientific software
o gmsh 2.7.0
o wxMaxima and Maxima
o OpenFOAM® 2.2.x
o Paraview 3.12
- Development tools
o Eclipse Juno SR2 with CDT
o vim with gitdiff
- Other software
o Firefox 20.0
o LibreOffice 3.6
Notes on past releases
- The release of GeekoCFD 5.0.0 signs the end of life of GeekoCFD 3.1.0.
- GeekoCFD 4.0.0 is now unsupported. Only the Live CD/DVD image of GeekoCFD 4.0.0 is available for download. Users are advised to upgrade to version 5.0.0.
4 dependencies updated
4 files removed
2 files updated
2816 new dependencies
6 new files
14 new software selections
13 software selections removed
Build configuration updated
Desktop configuration updated
Software4 patterns, 2816 packages
View package list…
No custom software packages were uploaded.
Overlay files were uploaded, but none are executable.
No custom scripts were enabled.