Cr OS Linux
Cr OS Linux (formerly Chrome OS Linux) is a free operating system built around the revolutionary Google Chromium browser.
How to install: Download the iso file and burn it into DVD-R. Boot the computer from it and when Chrome OS Linux is loaded, click Live Installer on the desktop. Follow the instructions.
User password: user
Root password: root
Chrome Linux is not related to Google.
Downloads are no longer available for this appliance, as it is based on an OS version that we no longer support.
This is the brand new Cr OS Linux based on openSUSE 12.2 with Cinnamon desktop environment and InSync beta client for Google Drive!
Featured software in Cr OS Linux 2.4.1290:
- Linux kernel 3.6.5 NEW!
- Cinnamon 1.6.6 desktop environment NEW!
- Chromium 24.0.1290 web browser NEW!
- InSync beta 10 client for Google Drive NEW!
- Banshee 2.4 media player
- Shotwell 0.12 photo manager
- GIMP 2.8 image editor
- LibreOffice 3.5 office suite
- Wine 1.5 Windows emulator
- Cheese 3.4 webcam app NEW!
- Pidgin 2.10 instant messenger
- Dashboard with the social toolbar
- Control Center
- and much more!
If Cinnamon couldn’t load, log out and choose Cinnamon 2D session at logon.
1 file removed
2 files updated
1 new file
2 new software selections
Build configuration updated
Software9 patterns, 1006 packages
View package list…
No custom software packages were uploaded.
Executable files were uploaded.
No custom scripts were enabled.