Table of contents
- SUSE Studio Help
- Using appliances
- Migrating from SUSE Gallery to Studio
- Running Appliances on VirtualBox
- Running Appliances on VMware
- Running Appliances on Microsoft Hyper-V
- Live images
- Disk images
- Preload ISO
- PXE images
- Xen guest
- Amazon EC2
- Windows Azure
- SUSE Cloud
- Supportability Statement
- SUSE Studio API
- More information
- How to contribute
- Legal Information
Migrating from SUSE Gallery to Studio
Upgrading Older Base Systems
Some of the appliances have older base systems. It might be easier to first upgrade them to the most recent version and then do the export / import.
If you found an appliance on SUSE Gallery and you want to build and use it in your SUSE Studio Onsite server, use the following procedure:
- Go to SUSE Gallery and log in.
- Select your preferred appliance.
- Click the Clone appliance… link on the right side.
- Select appropriate image type in the Build tab. (Note that only specific image type data for this image type will be stored in the resulting Kiwi export archive).
- Export tarball (click the Export your appliance’s Kiwi configuration link).
- Import tarball on your SUSE Studio onsite server.
- Some of the published appliances may have a package conflict. This is likely caused by the changes in the repositories or packages of these appliances.