Welcome to GeckoLinux
GeckoLinux is a Linux spin based on the openSUSE distribution, with a focus on polish and out-of-the-box usability on the desktop. It is available in Static (based on openSUSE Leap) and Rolling (based on openSUSE Tumbleweed) editions.
GeckoLinux Static BareBones edition
The purpose of the GeckoLinux BareBones edition is to provide an easily customizable openSUSE Leap base for you to build upon. It still contains all of the underlying components that make GeckoLinux a good desktop operating system, such as PulseAudio, complete CUPS printing support, and Gstreamer proprietary multimedia codecs. It also still contains the LightDM login manager, but the only login option is the Openbox window manager. GUI applications consist of Firefox, YaST, and xterm. That’s it. The rest is up to you. Have fun!
Live CD / DVD (.iso)
Use this format if you want to burn your appliance on CD or DVD. This is the easiest way to prepare bootable media. Simply download the .iso file and burn it to disk via any existing OS.
Note: This image is configured for UEFI and may not boot on non-UEFI hardware.
- 2017-03-03 Released 422.170302 with updated Calamares 3.1 and underlying libraries to fix possible issues with EFI and LUKS installations
- 2017-02-16 Released 422.170215 to fix a problem with the Calamares installer launcher in some editions
- 2017-02-05 Release announcement
- 2017-01-25 Released 422.170124, now based on openSUSE Leap 42.2, with greatly improved Calamares 3.0,
yast2-live-installeris also available again, routine updates and many other tweaks
- 2016-12-30 Release announcement
- 2016-12-14 Release announcement
- 2016-06-27 Removed X11:Utilities repository, package versions updated
- 2016-06-08 Release notes
- 2016-05-27 Added 3G USB dongle support (ModemManager and usb_modeswitch)
- 2016-05-11 Fixed Avahi/Zeroconf startup in live session
- 2016-05-10 Routine core updates, added haveged to prevent login delays, added “language-installer.sh” script for non-English language support
- 2016-01-22 Added missing dosfstools package
- 2016-01-12 Updated VLC fixes bugs, added better printer config utility, added rar support, fixed mate-menu and now made default
- 2015-12-18 Added missing XFS support
- 2015-12-18 Initial release
12 dependencies removed
58 dependencies updated
1 file updated
10 new dependencies
4 new software selections
2 software selections removed
Build configuration updated
Software0 patterns, 1101 packages
View package list…
Executable files were uploaded.
No custom scripts were enabled.