A LESS IS MORE FOSS Windows alternative and Windows XP continuity for the
PC gamers and
.exe legacy users based off from my NelsonOS
My personal Google timelines here
My official Google blogs here
My official Google collections here
My personal Telegram communities here
My personal Fuckbook timelines here
My official Pages here
My official Fuckbook communities here
My design philosophies
I aim my FreeXP to be a good alternative to
Windows franchises for people, esp you have been an PC gamer, which you are unable to leave Windows executives (
.exe) at once, but you would like to test Linux (or Unix), but to be about
1GiB in size (even smaller than
Windows XP by
- Androids just need to mount it thru DriveDroid, and the ROOTED alternative apps, which is RECURSIVE to my NelsonOS.
- This distro is released every astronomical terms.
You should have been ready to me if…
- First of all, you never mind bleeding (cutting) edge, hence you NEVER mind UNstability, esp you have been a developer.
- You need to keep testing the new apps (like Fedora Rawhide and Debian Sid), esp you have been a developer.
- You are not lazy, hence never mind to keep upgrading, esp you have been a developer.
- Your security standard has been higher than avg, esp you have been a developer.
- Your wifi has been poor, if you instead have no wireless devices, your ethernet has been unstable.
- Finally, you might NOT switch to a rolling distro unless you are ok to a slight majority of the above rolling traits.
What have you been different with your NelsonOS?
I have been prebuilt with WineHQ, DOSbox, DOSemu as the Windows (hence DOS) emulations for you, with removal of Android tools, OpenSSH, OpenSSL, OpenVPN, USB tools, virtualizations, WebKit, both irrelevant to Windows emulations (READ MORE HERE).
Where have been your source models?
- rEFInd source models have been included in FreeXP for your furthermore developments.
- The Tumbleweed apps repo and the source models repo have been maintained AT ALL by the OpenSuSE project, and freely available here.
- Finally, I have NOT YET composed my own apps to be installed under my OS appliance, hence common seeing NOTHING which you have been reading my codes.
The similar projects
GeckoLinux, a famous OpenSuSE multi-spin (approx) since 2001
Rolling model is my only branch, unlikely GeckoLinux has rolling, ‘next’ (pre-alpha to RC), finally static release models, Cinnamon and
lightdm have been up to now my default but also only GUI, unlikely GeckoLinux has multiple choices of GUI.
Both of us are Zypper and RPM based and both have been OpenSuSE-derived spins, hence sharing the SuSE communities.
OpenSuSE, the base for SuSE studio
This appliance has been 1 to 8 in size to OpenSuSE, and my default GUI are Cinnamon but OpenSuSE ones are GNOME (or KDE) instead, OpenSuSE also doesn’t preload Chromium browser, WebKit, Android tools, virtual clients but I have them by default.
Both of us are Zypper and RPM based and I have been derived on it, hence sharing the SuSE communities.
LMDE (Linux Mint Debian edition), the base for my Cinnamon and
I am Zypper and RPM based, but LMDE is Aptitude and Synaptic and
.deb based, but I still provide apt-rpm commands within Zypper, finally I am still half sized to LMDE though I have Chromium browser, WebKit, Android tools, virtual clients preloaded.
Both of us use Cinnamon as our default GUI.
Linux Lite, an Ubuntu-derived newbies’ less is more distro for the
PC gamers and
.exe legacy users
I am Zypper and RPM based, but they were Aptitude and Synaptic packaging system and
.deb based, but I still provide apt-rpm commands within Zypper, with my Chromium and WineHQ pre-built but their Firefox, Gimp, Thunderbird, finally some office suites.
Both of us are aimed to be familiar to Windows and have been preloaded with VLC.
Xange, a Fedora-derived Windows Vista/XP FOSS alternative by eZeY Linux Technology
My packagers are
yast2 (hence OpenSuSE derived), but it was Fedora-derived but software packager was
yum, instead of nowadays
Both of our packages have been
.rpm and aimed to be familiar to Windows.
Live CD / DVD (.iso)
Use this format if you want to burn your appliance on CD or DVD. This is the easiest way to prepare bootable media. Simply download the .iso file and burn it to disk via any existing OS.
Ready for SourceForge since here.
Software0 patterns, 887 packages
View package list…
No files were uploaded.
A boot script is included.