The Supportconfig Analysis (SCA) Appliance analyzes supportconfig archives for known issues and creates a report linking to the known solutions. The appliance stores analysis results in a MariaDB database and uses PHP to read the database and generate the report. It also has an anonymous FTP server configured to easily upload supportconfig archives for processing.
The supportconfig tool comes with SUSE Linux Enterprise. Consequently, the SCA Appliance only supports analyzing supportconfigs from SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and Desktop.
Downloads are no longer available for this appliance, as it is based on an OS version that we no longer support.
You can clone the appliance, then upgrade and build with a current OS version.
Changes in SCA Appliance v1.4.10
- Fixed several security vulnerabilities
- Fixed the ShellShock bug
- Detailed update report now available through sdagent-patterns
- Added more Python functions for pattern development
The SCA Appliance v1.4.10 requires a full image upgrade and not just software updates. There are two upgrade options.
- Download and install the new SCA Appliance image
- Ignore previous data and start using the new appliance
- Backup the analysis database
- Backup the pattern database
- Install the new SCA Appliance image
- Restore the analysis and pattern databases into the new SCA Appliance
- Login to the older SCA Appliance console as root
- Run scadb maint to put the appliance in maintenance mode
- Run scadb to make sure all worker threads are done with ArchiveAssigned being NULL
- Run scadb backup
- Run sdpdb backup, if you have created patterns
/var/tmp/sca/*_backup_*sql.gzfile(s) to another server
- Download the new SCA Appliance image
- Reimage the same appliance or create a new one
- Login to the new SCA Appliance console as root
- Copy the newest
sca_backup_*sql.gzfile(s) to the SCA Appliance
gzip -d sca_backup_*sql.gzto decompress the file(s)
gzip -d sdp_backup_*sql.gzto decompress the file(s)
scadb import sca_backup_*.sqlto restore the analysis data
sdpdb import sdp_backup_*.sqlto restore the pattern data, if you created patterns
scadb reset agentsto activate the appliance
sdagent-patterns -uto update the pattern modules in the database
1 EULA removed
53 dependencies updated
1 new EULA
Build configuration updated
Software2 patterns, 372 packages
View package list…
Includes the following unofficial sources:
No custom software packages were uploaded.
Overlay files were uploaded, but none are executable.
No custom scripts were enabled.