BrowserBox is a an appliance for web developers and QA’s to do cross browser testing. It includes 20 versions of 12 different browsers.
Tired of downloading and installing lots of browsers everywhere you need to do your work? Try BrowserBox! :)
- Android Browser 4.0 (2.2) (WebKit 533.1) – through the Android SDK
- Arora 0.11.0 (WebKit 533.3)
- Google Chrome 7.0.517.44 (WebKit 534.7)
- Mozilla Firefox 220.127.116.11 (Gecko 20081217)
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.19 (Gecko 2010031218)
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6.15 (Gecko 20110303)
- Mozilla Firefox 4.0.1 (Gecko 2010101)
- Mozilla Firefox Mobile (Fennec) 4.0.1 (Gecko 20110415)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 (Trident) – installation script, runs in Wine
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (Trident) – installation script, runs in Wine
- KDE Konqueror 4.6 (KHTML 4.6.0)
- Lynx 2.8.7 (libwww-FM 2.14)
- Opera 9.64 (Presto 2.1.1)
- Opera 10.10 (Presto 2.2)
- Opera 10.63 (Presto 2.6.30)
- Opera 11.11 (Presto 2.8.131)
- Opera Mini 4.3 (Presto/2.5.25 on server) – runs in MicroEmulator 2.0.4
- Opera Mini 6 (Presto/2.5.25 on server) – runs in MicroEmulator 2.0.4
- Opera Mobile 11 (Presto 2.5.28)
- Apple Safari 5.0.1 (WebKit 533.18.1) – installation script, runs in Wine
Safari & Internet Explorer
Download- and installation scripts are included in BrowserBox – not the actual browsers.
- Cannot be installed when running a Live CD.
- Don’t run installers for more than one of these at the same time. If something fails, you can reinstall through System → More programs.
- If Adobe has updated Flash since the latest release of winetricks, Flash installation is likely to fail. If you need it, upgrade the Wine packages and try again.
Internet Explorer 7
- Toolbar layout is sometimes broken.
- If 3D Acceleration is disabled in the Virtual Machine, IE7 sometimes crashes.
- The “new tab” page crashes Safari. Open links in new tabs instead or stick to one tab.
- 3D Acceleration needs to be enabled in the Virtual Machine for Safari 5 to start.
Downloads are no longer available for this appliance, as it is based on an OS version that we no longer support.
You can clone the appliance, then upgrade and build with a current OS version.
- Upgraded to openSUSE 11.4
- Added Firefox 4
- Upgraded Arora
- Upgraded Firefox Mobile
- Upgraded Konqueror
- Upgraded Opera
- Upgraded Opera Mini
- Upgraded Opera Mobile
5 dependencies updated
3 files updated
5 new software selections
2 software selections removed
Build configuration updated
Software5 patterns, 515 packages
View package list…
No custom software packages were uploaded.
Executable files were uploaded.
No custom scripts were enabled.