vDrone is a network packet traffic generator and analyzer. It packages ‘drone’ – the server component of Ostinato.
Ostinato is a network packet and traffic generator and analyzer with a friendly GUI. It aims to be “Wireshark in Reverse” and thus become complementary to Wireshark. It features custom packet crafting with editing of any field for several protocols: Ethernet, 802.3, LLC SNAP, VLAN (with Q-in-Q), ARP, IPv4, IPv6, IP-in-IP a.k.a IP Tunneling, TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP, MLD, HTTP, SIP, RTSP, NNTP, etc. It is useful for both functional and performance testing.
Run the Ostinato client GUI on a PC/Mac and connect to this appliance to configure and use it.
1. If your hypervisor is not able to import the downloaded appliance, change the extension from “ovf.tar.gz” to “.ova” and try again
2. The default VM spec in the appliance includes only one NIC. You can add more NICs after importing the appliance
3. You will need one NIC to talk to the Ostinato client and remaining NICs can be used as test ports
4. Ostinato client GUI version should be same as this appliance’s version
5. If required, you can login to the appliance using the following credentials – tux/linux, root/linux
6. Console output logs of drone is available in /tmp/drone.log
OVF Virtual Machine / ESXi (.ovf)
Open Virtualization Format (OVF) is an open, standards-based format for virtual machines. A variety of hypervisors including SUSE Cloud, VirtualBox, VMware ESX(i), IBM SmartCloud, and Oracle VM support creating virtual machines by importing an .ovf file.
SUSE Cloud / OpenStack / KVM (.qcow2)
If you plan to use SUSE Cloud services to host your server, this format will properly configure the appliance for you to do so. Use WebHooks to inform your cloud of a new image, and upload it automatically.
This release adds IPv4/IPv6 device emulation and automatic ARP/NDP resolution for corresponding streams, save/restore sessions, protocol builder for STP and several other features and bugfixes.
See the Changelog on http://ostinato.org for full details
12 dependencies removed
240 dependencies updated
18 new dependencies
2 new repositories
4 new software selections
3 repositories removed
Build configuration updated
Script configuration updated
Software0 patterns, 266 packages
View package list…
No custom software packages were uploaded.
No files were uploaded.
No custom scripts were enabled.